The latest smart security installations have become more capable every year. But, unfortunately, it doesn't take much to neglect to complete basic security tasks like turning on your a home security system, lowering the garage door, or locking all your doors.
What if you didn’t have to concern yourself with these things again? When you implement geofencing in Jackson, you can just leave the driveway and make your home security system do it for you.
What is Geofencing In Jackson For Security Systems?
Geofencing creates a virtual border a set distance from your residence, which you can arrange in your cell phone app. This modern home security option then utilizes your cell phone to determine when you go past the boundary and then initiates the tasks you have programmed.
How Is Geofencing Possible?
Geofencing is made possible by z-wave, a home automation protocol that smart implements use to communicate with other connected equipment. The technology takes smart home devices further by grouping all elements onto a single network. You can set up specific boundaries on all sides of your house and program the specific actions you want to occur when you go past the specified border.
For example, as soon as you pull away from your driveway, you can program your security system to engage door locks, shut the garage door, and switch the alarm back on. Conversely, when you arrive home for the evening, geofencing will notify your system to disarm alarms, elevate the garage door, brighten first-floor lights, and even adjust your your temperature settings.
These are a handful of the components you will be able to manage with geofencing:
● Surveillance cameras and your system’s alarm
● Various electronics such as TVs or appliances
● Garage door sensors
Custom Geofencing, Schedules, And Scenes Are At Your Fingertips With Your Smartphone App
Geofencing is just one way you can utilize your home’s security system in Jackson. With the ADT Control app, you have the ability to reap the benefits of home automation. In a few easy touches of a button, and you have the opportunity to:
● Enable Scheduling: set your smart devices to engage at predetermined times. Instruct your lighting to lower to tell you that it's time for bed, or deactivate your alarms the first thing in the morning.
● Define how devices react to one another: Make particular devices activate in response to a triggered event. Instruct your thermostat to switch on the fan if the CO detector is set off. Or switch on your smart bulb in the hallway when your doorbell camera senses strange movements outside.
● Preprogram scenes: Create room and event scenes with various smart components that operate in unison. Make your lights switch off, the thermostat go down, and the locks activate at the end of the day. Or program the system for TV night with specific lighting and thermostat settings.
● Geofence your security: You may not always remember to set your alarm system if you're hurrying to get out the door. With geofencing technology and your cell phone, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to arm the system and shut the garage door.
Take Advantage Of Geofencing in Jackson
Whether you’re looking for extra peace-of-mind of a fully secured property whenever you drive away or you wish to take advantage of home automation, geofencing can help. Contact one of our representatives today at (601) 292-9204 or send in the following form to get started on your optimal security system.