Where are the right sites to place your home security cameras in Jackson? Normally, you have three primary areas of your residence for video protection: your principal entryway, the outside perimeter, and select interior spaces. Although your security installer is able to advise where you should install, here's a quick guide of where to place your home security cameras throughout your property.
Always Defend Your Front Entryway
While it might seem absurd that an intruder would make an effort to simply walk in primary entrance, 34% of intrusions occur at the front door. You can also count package thieves among other threats to think about. A video doorbell is perfect to handle all of these worries with high-definition, wide-angle viewing.
Doorbell cameras are even more beneficial as you are able to chat with people who walk up and press the button. Through your mobile application, like ADT Control, you have the option to reply to all engagements with two-way communications and real-time footage and appear to be at home. Then if a visitor does try to do something nefarious, you will have your camera automatically document the event on video and deliver it to your mobile phone through a text.
Get the Most Coverage Possible With Your Exterior Surveillance System
Figuring out where to place home security cameras around your property is often a difficult task. Luckily, there are a handful of tips to make sure your property is well protected.
- Corners of your Jackson home provide a large viewing angle, as you can see two segments of your yard.
- Just below an overhang or into a length of trim or siding are excellent options for surveillance devices as they will be partly concealed by your home.
- On top of your garage, because the garage door is a more likely passageway for intruders than you’d think!
- Above a deck or sliding door -- or any doorway not visible from the street.
To make sure these locations are successful, you should always trim away any bushes or tree limbs that may block your ability to see clearly.
Tips To Get The Most From Your Indoor Video Equipment
You have quite a bit more flexibility on where to place home security cameras inside your property in Jackson. But the additional versatility means you have more factors to think about:
- Beware of Sun Glare: While you’ll want to make sure your windows are secure, the sunshine from a window can cause glare and affect your surveillance footage. Direct the lens away from direct sunlight to circumvent this issue.
- Take the High Road: Similar to an observation deck, a security camera positioned in a high place will provide a broader view. You might situate your cameras on top of bookshelves or attached to the ceiling.
- Prevent Access by Children and Pets: Your camera won’t have the chance to protect you if it’s damaged or destroyed. Install your indoor units where children or pets aren’t able to interact with them. You could try mounting or another means of securing them to ensure they don’t crash to the ground if mistakenly jostled.
- Conceal Your Cameras But Don’t Block the View: The best video camera won’t help you much if you’ve got a plant blocking the view. However, potted plants and other decor items may be a perfect way to conceal your surveillance installation. Just make sure they don’t impede the view!
Have Secure24 Alarm Systems Install And Place Your Home Security Cameras
For expert installation of your home security cameras and security devices, use the experts at Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’ll find the right package for your complete residence -- protecting every inch. Just call (601) 292-9204 or fill out the form on this page to arrange a consultation.